It’s a new school year. Make it your best ever with 10 simple tips from the people who believe in you every day.
Public school educators.
You’re about to learn astounding new things.
- Josiah Hill, Stillwater Area High School
Let kids be kids.
You work hard in school all day. Play just as hard when you get home.
- Kim Thole, Anoka-Hennepin School District
Come see us.
Kids beam when parents visit their classroom. Teachers do, too.
- Mindy Pazen, Anoka-Hennepin School District
Read. Read. And read.
Books take you places.
- Michael Bratsch, Franklin Middle School, Minneapolis Public Schools
Students are teachers, too. Especially ones different than you.
- Georgia Miller-Kamara, District 287, Northwest Tech Center
Make it a team effort.
There is only one thing better than a great teacher: moms and dads reinforcing what happens in the classroom.
- Bernie Bernham, Duluth
How else is a new idea going to find its way in?
- Marty Fridgen, South Washington County School District
Be everyday ready.
And a routine, with a regular bedtime, is just what the teacher ordered.
- Michelle Dennard, Osseo School District
Make time for family fun.
Play cards. Dust off an old board game. Yodel. Anything that leads to good old fashioned face-to-face time. Extra credit for silly.
- Tom Powers, Anoka-Hennepin School District
Embrace your mistakes.
You’ll learn as much or more from failure than success. Plus, if you don’t fall short every once in a while, you’re not reaching high enough.
- Bridget Weller, New York Mills Elementary